The primary purpose of the astronomy club is to increase the awareness and knowledge of astronomy. The club provides the opportunity for all individuals to pursue the science of astronomy, by observing in a dark-sky site, learning the latest technology, and sharing their knowledge and experience.
|Inauguration by Adviser to BOD, Mr. Mathew Abraham
|Selection of Members of the Astronomy club is based on Science aptitude and interest to the subject area.
|The club consists around 20 members selected from classes 9 to 12.
|As part of the astronomy club activities the following sessions were organized for various groups:
- For Adviser to BOD, Mr. Mathew Abraham and ISS staff - Observation of Moon and Jupiter
- For class 8 students - Observation of Moon and Few Planets -During the Scouts and Guides camp
- For School management committee members – Observation of Moon - During one of the committee meetings.
- For all the Heads of the Departments - Observation of Moon - During one of the Academic committee meetings.
- For class 9 to 12 Students- Observation of Moon and Jupiter – During Dukes camp
- For class 9 to 12 students – Seminar on Basic Concepts of Astronomy - During Dukes camp
- Training students for Various Astronomy based quizzes.
- ISS Astronomy Quiz team won Second Prize in the Inter School Astronomy Quiz conducted by Indian school Al Wadi Al Kabir.